July 30, 2014
OUR 2ND ANNUAL COOK OFF
We were happy to hold our 2nd Annual Cook Off Challenge. It was a fast and furious 90 minutes filled with awesome teamwork, creativity, pure talent and fun! Despite the competitive nature, the challenge released a warm feeling...seeing how each chef collaborate and work towards the same goal - creating a healthy, delicious meal.
This year we have 3 teams, each team creating 2 lunch dishes - one vegeterian and one with chicken. The teams had 90 minutes to put together their best dishes, after which our four judges rate the food based on presentation, originality,nutritional value and taste. The dishes are so savory you'll wonder how the judges can pick a winner!
This year, the culinary creations are unique and innovative:
- Hand-made Quinoa Croquette with Greek Salad
- Creamy Chicken with Sweet Corn, Brown Rice and Grilled Vegetables
- Grilled Portuguese Chicken basted with Sweet Piri-Piri Sauce, Mashed Potatoes and Corn Salad
- Quinoa Lentil Casserole with Grilled Eggplants and Zucchini
- Cajun Chicken with Braised Greens on Polenta Rounds
- Baked Eggplant stacks with Tomato Chutney and Curry Chickpea and Cucumber Salad
Winning team dishes will be featured in our upcoming Fall/Winter menu. Meanwhile, enjoy the photos and learn how you can whip mashed potato like a pro!
Getting ready to taste test
Rainbow of fruits and veggies
Quinoa Croquette in the works
Quinoa Croquette nicely presented
Baked Eggplant Stacks with Tomato Chuteny & Curry Chickpea/Cucumber Salad
Creamy Chicken with Sweet Corn
Chefs busy preparing their creations
Cajun Chicken with braised Greens & Polenta Rounds
Grilled Portuguese Chicken with Sweet Piri-Piri Sause
Quinoa Carresole with Grilled Eggplant & Zuchchini - check out the craftly cucumber centre piece!
We all need to learn how to dice like this!